836 wrote:OK, I'm done. My entries are almost always last because people are too lazy to wait until a contest closes to vote. I don't understand why I should be penalized just because people don't vote on my entries. I was going to keep my mouth shut and go with the flow, but if I never win any photocoins I'm through.
In this reply I'm referring back to the initial post of 836
reason for leaving this site. "A Damn Shame"
every site like this needs imaginative and talented artist like 836
And I'm also referencing in agreement with the comment of Tawiskaro's
previous post reply above.
- "Intentionally casting a low vote to undermine a competitor's potential win is foul play, but withholding a vote knowing it may cause equal or greater damage is pretty nasty, too."
It's a competition within the competition, the battle of the votes. "Strategical Voting" I've heard it criticized time and time again. Sometimes it's blatant and sometimes it's very subtle. And more so than anything else, it's what drives the scoring average lower and lower.
- Low-balling your opponent "Strategical Voting"
- Casting lower than your average score in the mid-night hour for your opponent "Strategical Voting"
- After seeing your low average score and not voting at all. "Strategical Non-Voting"
(other indirect examples)
- Conceding after seeing your low average and casting high scores for your opponents. "Strategical Voting"
- Not entering a contest and scoring untypically higher. "Strategical Voting"
Note: IMO the penalty margarine for voting out of line in with others in a contest is far too lenient.
Am I completely innocent? "No". And likely neither are you. On-line competitions like these are tough and almost impossible to fairly conduct. Guess it's human nature. You see a $20 bill blowing freely down the walkway, how many of us would pick it up and then go in search of it's owner? My point is, if we see an opportunity there most of us will take it with out question. A couple of these formatted voting systems do a good job of helping regulate. But in the end it too is dependent on the "Honor System". I don't have the answer. The best thing I can suggest is to vote high and vote early. And if you like higher scores and must have them, become a student of the game and get better. So much better you make people look like fools for casting a low score toward your work. Until then... Chop and have some fun with it, this is only a tiny piece of the big picture. I will be happy when this virus scare is over I can't wait to get back on the racquetball courts.