Votes

What's on your mind today?
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:29 pm
The voting is one issue but the other issue (and the reason I think the back and forth low voting goes on) is the commenting. There's nothing worse than doing your best work, making your submission and then having somebody tear your work apart right on your entry for everyone to read and while the contest is still going on. It's just too easy to sway other peoples voting score with negative comments. The fact that you can see comments on every entry before you vote doesn't help either. I'm not looking to hear peoples opinions on my submissions I just want to enter and see if I win. All the snarky comments and wise ass remarks about peoples work right on their submissions as the contest is unfolding is in my opinion what's causing all the problems.Perhaps you should not be able to comment until the contest is over or at the very least your comments should only be able to be seen by the contestant and not everyone else. I'd much rather read peoples comments or justifications for scores AFTER the contest is over or in private while the contest is going. Just my 2 cents.
Fortune Favors The Brave
billywillgo
billywillgo
Filter Stag+
Level: 8 • EXP: 1963/2100
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:39 pm
billywillgo wrote:The voting is one issue but the other issue (and the reason I think the back and forth low voting goes on) is the commenting. There's nothing worse than doing your best work, making your submission and then having somebody tear your work apart right on your entry for everyone to read and while the contest is still going on. It's just too easy to sway other peoples voting score with negative comments. The fact that you can see comments on every entry before you vote doesn't help either. I'm not looking to hear peoples opinions on my submissions I just want to enter and see if I win. All the snarky comments and wise ass remarks about peoples work right on their submissions as the contest is unfolding is in my opinion what's causing all the problems.Perhaps you should not be able to comment until the contest is over or at the very least your comments should only be able to be seen by the contestant and not everyone else. I'd much rather read peoples comments or justifications for scores AFTER the contest is over or in private while the contest is going. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed! (in private works for me)

@untexp How can we (as Capt. Picard would say) "make it so"

P.S. not only is it frustrating to have your work torn apart like that, it also makes artist reluctant to post their best effort or submit at all.
SplatShot
SplatShot
Bevel Crafter++
Level: 6 • EXP: 1236/1500
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:41 pm
Yes, in private.
vicspa
vicspa
Raster Paladin+
Level: 23 • EXP: 17019/22000
Fri May 01, 2020 9:14 am
We're probably all just dreaming because I have the feeling nothing will ever change here as far as how this page runs. As suggested in other discussions it's doubtful a reprograming of the page to create new voting or commenting perimeters will ever happen.
Fortune Favors The Brave
billywillgo
billywillgo
Filter Stag+
Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 pm
we are working on making some changes. we will let you know in the next few days
untexp
untexp
Bevel Crafter+
Level: 5 • EXP: 1031/1200
Sun May 03, 2020 1:51 am
Wow... awesome. I stand corrected. Can't wait to see what changes are made.
Fortune Favors The Brave
billywillgo
billywillgo
Filter Stag+
Tue May 05, 2020 1:40 pm
From now on all the contests will be completely anonymous till the end.
untexp
untexp
Bevel Crafter+
Level: 5 • EXP: 1031/1200
Tue May 05, 2020 3:49 pm
Good initiative
tilakraj
tilakraj
Shadow Disciple+
Level: 11 • EXP: 3573/3600
Tue May 05, 2020 9:29 pm
untexp wrote:From now on all the contests will be completely anonymous till the end.

SplatShot
SplatShot
Bevel Crafter++
Level: 6 • EXP: 1236/1500
Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 am
glad to know that PSN is not running on autopilot.
tilakraj
tilakraj
Shadow Disciple+
Level: 11 • EXP: 3573/3600
Sun May 17, 2020 10:37 pm
untexp wrote:From now on all the contests will be completely anonymous till the end.

This won't stop anything. We can't see who did the chop until we have voted anyway. Comments will still be seen. Maybe limit commenting in voting only, then the only way to see it is to vote. Or just keep comments private to the author. I know sometimes a comment can be useful when you first enter the contest, and someone spots a blooper. That can be edited before the final. It just seems that comments private only to the author is the solution, and the comment(s) should be reportable as knowing that the comment is private, they might say something that shouldn't be said.
WhisperingSage
WhisperingSage
Raster Paladin+
Level: 23 • EXP: 20784/22000