Votes

What's on your mind today?
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:02 pm
OK, I'm done. My entries are almost always last because people are too lazy to wait until a contest closes to vote. I don't understand why I should be penalized just because people don't vote on my entries. I was going to keep my mouth shut and go with the flow, but if I never win any photocoins I'm through.
Bevel Crafter+
Level: 5 • EXP: 1075/1200
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm
Only people that are in the contest should vote because if they don't their score gets lowered, and you really can't force anyone to vote.
vicspa
vicspa
Raster paladin
Level: 22 • EXP: 16477/17000
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:55 am
There are definitely voting issues here. The "Autumn" competition that wrapped up this morning is an example. It seems to me that LunaC might have won had he received eight votes, like I did. Instead, he received only five. He lost. I won. It was not a very satisfying victory. Of course, LunaC might have received more votes with unfairly low scores and still lost, but that is another voting problem. Intentionally casting a low vote to undermine a competitor's potential win is foul play, but withholding a vote knowing it may cause equal or greater damage is pretty nasty, too. In fairness, some voters fail to check in for late entries. I have done this myself, but without ill will.

Perhaps the answer is simplification. Eliminating the point system works for me. Thumbs up or thumbs down. If the point system is retained, abolish any penalty for the failure of others to vote. I would also eliminate the Honor and Experience elements that may factor into rankings.

Whenever I look at the #2 slot on the All Time Leader board my heartburn erupts.
Tawiskaro
Tawiskaro
Shadow Disciple++
Level: 12 • EXP: 4042/4200
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:33 pm
This voting system is really stupid, the proof:
I just won the "Bird" contest when I didn't really deserve it. I waited for the vote of several people for my image and based on the score I had obtained, I deliberately voted very low (30) to all my competitors. Knowing your score when you haven't started to vote yourself falsifies the regularity of the competition. For the sake of accuracy, only anonymous contests should be made in which one's score is not known until the contest has ended.
Apologies for the 30 ! :awkward:
Ligden
Ligden
Layer Marshal++
Level: 18 • EXP: 7227/7500
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:36 pm
I came here because FN has apparently gone kaput. Mid contest at that. This voting scheme is absurd. You're penalized for not voting yet your vote doesn't count until you've entered 8 contests. I'll just give everyone 100 until then. I'm a bad judge anyway. It seems the chops I think are good, aren't. In any case, I'll submit til my wallet is gone and move on. Likely well before I ever hit 8.
TommyD
TommyD
Pixel Swabbler
Level: 1 • EXP: 138/200
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm
So FN finally bit the dust??.
vicspa
vicspa
Raster paladin
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 pm
Most everything is different here than there.
vicspa
vicspa
Raster paladin
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:45 pm
FN is gone, ... I'm NOT sad.
vicspa
vicspa
Raster paladin