My voting guidelines

What's on your mind today?
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:26 pm
If anyone is interested, these are some of my basic guidelines that I use to judge entries:

10 - 49 - Almost not acceptible for a contest, amateurish, limited in photoshop skills
50 - 55 - Mediocre chop, so-so idea, only one external added or none, integration poor, masking of images on the rough side.
56 - 65 - Better idea, one or more externals added, better intergration, paid attention to lights and shadows, better masking.
65 - 75 - Much better idea, maybe humor added, one or many externals, superior integration, cohesive light and shadows, perspective works.
75+ - A chop to be proud of, all of 65-75 and then some.
80+ - Outstanding work, almost flawless.

Additions and comments welcomed.
vicspa
vicspa
Layer Marshal++
Level: 18 • EXP: 8332/7500
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 pm
So it seems you work from the bottom up. Sounds negative to me. I look at an entry as if perfect, then knock down points as I see flaws. I also use the rating scale, which is a great assistant. I also don't judge on whether I like the entry or not, which seems you and a few others do. You speak of objects in a chop, the more, the merrier. It's quality, not quanity that counts. Sometimes the most simple chop is the grand winner if done just right. However, I do realize everyone has their own guidelines, but I highly suggest using the rate scale to help you being honest in a contest. #)
WhisperingSage
WhisperingSage
Shadow Disciple+
Level: 11 • EXP: 3449/3600
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:14 am
The rate scale means nothing and counts for nothing, why don't you put your voting parameters similar to what I have so we can all understand.
vicspa
vicspa
Layer Marshal++
Level: 18 • EXP: 8332/7500